Monday, December 22, 2008

WHY DO PEOPLE LEAVE US?

Why do people leave us???
SIMPLE…..
The definition of relationship is the contest between two necessities….one whose necessity ends first, leaves first.

After I broke up for the first time, my life nearly reached a dead end. Today, years have elapsed and after more failed relationships, life seems just about ok. I have broken my head over them, analyzing, contemplating, reaching conclusions and then deciding no this is not the reason, there has to be something else……Nevertheless, no amount of reasoning can erase the pain of a broken relationship. I read a lot of self help books, trying to figure out things in my head, I have relived all of them in my head and I gave myself a lot of time to get over them. This entire exercise made me realize a few things which I’m penning down right now:

-Men are not nearly as complicated as I'd like to think they are.

-If a guy really wants me and wants to be with me, there is NOTHING that will keep him from trying to make me his.

-I don't need to ponder why I'm not good enough or why he doesn't want to be with me. There are plenty of men who would happily watch him leave.

-When I stop making excuses for the men I'd like to be with and see the men they are--they're somehow not nearly as desirable.

-If a man really wanted to be with me, he would never be too busy for me. I would be the brightest part of his day.

-Men are never too busy to get what they want. If they aren't making extra time or taking five minutes a day to call--I am not one of the things they want. That simple.

-I deserve a phone call.

-Guys tell me what they think and feel even if I don't want to believe them or listen. When a man says, "I don't want a serious relationship," he means it and I need to get the hell out of there.

-"I don't want to go out with you anymore," means just that. Nothing I say or do can change his mind.

-Everyone wants to be loved and needed, not just me, by the person who just broke up with us.

-Breaking up means not seeing them anymore, which also implies not seeing them naked again.

-Should he ever try to get back together, I need to remember: This is the man who looked me up and down and took full stock of me and all my qualities and looked into my eyes and then told me he was no longer in need of my company and no longer wanted me.

-There's somebody out there who is going to be so happy that I didn't get back together with my ex.

-Yelling at him or doing bitchy things will only temporarily make me feel better. I'll regret it in the end.

-No matter how strong your feelings are for somebody, if they can't return them the same--those feelings mean nothing.

-It feels really noble and romantic and dramatic to wait for someone you love to come back. It IS a waste of time though.

-If I wanted a jackass, I'd buy one.

-I WILL NOT GO OUT WITH A MAN WHO DOES NOT HAVE TIME FOR ME.

-I WILL NOT GO OUT WITH A MAN WHO KEEPS ME WAITING BY THE PHONE.

-I WILL NOT GO OUT WITH A MAN WHO MAKES ME CRY.

-I WILL NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, WASTE MY PRECIOUS TIME WITH A MAN WHO HAS ALREADY REJECTED ME.

Oh my god. It feels so good to read that. You guys have no idea.
This was for me. It was to make ME feel better and perhaps other people too.

2 comments:

Indian Home Maker said...

Very sensible. I totally agree. It's also important to be able to have fun without a man around. Not being clingy or desperate is cool :)

Nice blog, am just going through your archives :)

Mahul Bhattacharya said...

Did you just break up?

IndiBlogger - Network of Indian Bloggers
Visit blogadda.com to discover Indian blogs India Counts